Thursday, January 21, 2010

Every time I use these facial wax strips, I get horrible breakouts, what to do?!?

I wax my eyebrows at home and other sensitive parts of my face (yes, I'm hairy, sorry), and wherever I use the wax strips, I get bad breakouts. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Besides not waxing?Every time I use these facial wax strips, I get horrible breakouts, what to do?!?
Is the wax too hot? Are you allergic to any of the ingredients in the wax? And what are you using afterwards? anything with an oil base will clog those pores that you viciously ripped wide open (lol). Use a moisturizer with aloe, that should prevent breakouts and the aloe is soothing on sensitive/irritated skin (it's what is in most after sunburn gels)Every time I use these facial wax strips, I get horrible breakouts, what to do?!?
use which suits u
stop using the facial wax strips.. brainiac.
You will get break outs. A wax strip literally rips the hairs out at the roots. This will irritate the hair follicles, causing some swelling and redness. After a few hours it will normally go down. I would suggest having a quiet word with a beautician, to see if she can recommend a good moisteriser to use after you have waxed. Another good idea, is to use a cooling pack. It will take away some of the heat and irritation.
Sounds like you might have an allergy to the wax. When you're just sensitive, you get bumps not breakouts. Have you tried bleaching the hairs.At least you can pluck the eyebrows, but I don't know about the specifics of the other hair (no offence) so can't say for sure. Don't use a depilortory cream - not good on your face! There are other things like 'threading' and stuff - maybe go to a beautician for a session and see if you can get any sneaky at-home advice. Good luck!
you should pluck with tweezers instead
when i get my eye brows done i always use aloe vera gel.that helps, plus you can keep putting a cold face cloth on your eye brows that helps as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment