Thursday, January 21, 2010

How long do facial burns (from waxing) especially on the upper lip last? And does it disappear eventually?

I used Veet waxing kit. It's my first time to wax and I think I used it the wrong way because it left a red, irritated mark on my upper lip. It crusted the next day. I used lotion on it but it really hurt. I washed my face using a facial soap and the crust turned soft and started to peel. I picked at it because it was embarrassing and now it left a red, almost brown, mark. It's been three days now. I'm so scared that it might scar and I'm so embarrassed to go to school so I put a concealer hoping to hide it. HELP ME! I don't know what to do and none of what I've read here so far has really helped.How long do facial burns (from waxing) especially on the upper lip last? And does it disappear eventually?
You made a big mistake by removing the scab before it was ready,


leave it alone now ,keep moisturising the area and use concealer on it.


The mark will fade but may take up to a month to go and if you are a lady of colour it may not go completely.


I am sorry to be so blunt but I am being honest here.


You burned your face by using wax that was far too hot,I would advise anyone using wax to test it on the inside of their wrist before putting it anywhere near the area to be waxed,especially your face.


If you do burn yourself by accident the best thing to put on is aloe vera gel for the first few days.


I would strongly advise anyone who wants to wax to go to a professional at least for the first time.


Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment