Thursday, January 21, 2010

What age is it okay for young girls to have facial hair waxed/plucked?

Any thoughts?What age is it okay for young girls to have facial hair waxed/plucked?
For upper lip: If she is very young, i.e. 11-12, I would suggest bleaching if the hair is fine and relatively short. If it is only 2-3 hairs, like mine, I'd just bleach or pluck those few instead of dealing with messy wax. If it is darker/coarse, I would say to do what she is comfortable with. Also, check with a doctor to make sure her skin can handle it. I also recommend having it done at a salon, not a do-it-yourself thing- that could be quite bad for a first-timer.





For girls that are about 14 or so, I would think it is fine to wax/ bleach/pluck as long as a doctor says her skin is OK for it (allergies and such).





For eyebrows: I would say 12 is about as young as I would go for waxing/plucking. I have terrible eyebrows myself, and I know quite well the value of a pair of tweezers! I cannot stress enough the importance of having this done by a professional! I have known too may people who tried to do it themselves in middle/high school and it was quite awful!








Oh, I just read that she is under ten... I say check with a doctor to see if bleaching is ok, and try that. I would not advise waxing or plucking for someone less than 10 years old.What age is it okay for young girls to have facial hair waxed/plucked?
just when they got hairy
If the girl is under 12 years of age, it's usually a good idea to get the advice of a physician (preferably a dermatologist) before waxing or plucking facial hair. It's not a bad idea to get such advice at an older age, either.
Right away! It's better than getting ridiculed at school if it's noticed. Kids can be cruel.
if they are old enough to have a mustache they are old enough to wax that mess.. thats what i always say
Age shouldn't matter if the hair is uncomfortable or too noticeable. But know that once you start you'll need to keep up w/ the growth, It will itch as it grows and also come in thicker. If the hair is still soft you might consider bleaching it.
Anytime they need it, its not like its harmful or anything
16-17
I'd say whenever their breasts start to become noticeable.





But that doesn't mean all hell can break loose and they can start dressing like a little slut.
13 year is ok
sure its called grooming.
Hell yeah. No one want to be the girl that looks like Gene Shalit.
some ppl dont get that much facial hair that it can b noticeable but if you're the type that has that noticible one PLUCK that off fast, i suggest not waxing it might irritate your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment