Saturday, January 23, 2010

Brazillian wax and facial while pregnant?

Is it safe for me to have my regular brazillian wax and a facial done at 10 weeks pregnant? I know there is a concern in that it's easier to get an infection down there, but the place I go to is very clean and only uses a strip once to avoid infection. Is this safe for me to have done this weekend?Brazillian wax and facial while pregnant?
It is totally fine as long as your esthetician knows what she is doing and wears gloves. Most places disinfect the area before starting the wax anyhow. If you are confident in her skills, there is no problem at all!





The only thing you may notice is that you are more sensitive. Because of the extra blood and pressure to the genital area during pregnancy, you may find that it stings more than usual. I take a couple of tylenol (totally safe for pregnancy) about 30-40 minutes before my appointments...





You may also need more frequent appointments - pregnancy makes your hair grow faster!Brazillian wax and facial while pregnant?
My ob told me he'd rather I wax than shave due to the infection factor, however he asked me not to do it past 5 months b/c it is a little hard to keep that area clean when you get big and can't necessarily reach it...sorry..tmi...and the actual salon you use will most likely have a policy already in place. Hope that helps!
Yes it is okay for you to pamper yourself!!


We mommas' need the pampering every once in a while!!


But...


You do know that hair and nails grow a whole lot faster while you are pregnant right?


I would go get my legs waxed because I couldn't bend down.


But I was having to go twice a week!


Killer on my husbands wallet!! LOL!


So...


I just quit going and went cave woman mode up until the day before my induction.


If you can afford to dish out the money every time you need a waxing, go for it!
You and baby will be fine. It is important to pamper yourself during pregnancy so that you can feel good about the ever changing landscape. Best wishes, G
I wouldn't do it, it's not worth it. Shave down there. It looks fine.
i personally would stay away from that kinda stuff..
perfectly fine. i got waxes throughout my whole pregnancy and my baby girl is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment