Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is waxing my facial hair a bad idea?

I'm a 17 year old guy and I've been shaving for almost 2 years. It sucks man. I shave about 1 or two times a week. My face starts getting stubble a day after I shave. Facial hair just doesn't look right on me. I've been told I have a baby face, but I have stubble as well. That just doesn't work. I shaving too.


If I don't shave for a week I think the hair will be long enough to wax. I just want to know if it's safe. I also have acne and my skin is oily, but I guess that comes with age. I really want to wax. what kind of wax should I use and such? Thanks. ;]Is waxing my facial hair a bad idea?
I suppose you could try waxing but just keep in mind that your hair will still grow back pretty fast. Also, seeing that you are a man, your hair probably grows in pretty thick and this may be very painful to wax...Do you plan on waxing it yourself or seeing a professional? This could get pretty expensive! Also, years of waxing can destroy your hair follicles eventually, keep this in mind as you are pretty young and may want fuller facial hair one day. There is a reason why most men stick to shaving! If you don't like the feeling of stubble you could always try switching razors to get a closer shave, my dad uses an electric one and that seems to work pretty well. Good luck to you.Is waxing my facial hair a bad idea?
I wouldn't recommend it. Male facial hair is much thicker than other body hair, the hair grows more densely and the roots are stronger, so waxing is going to be very painful. Also if you have acne, waxing could be more painful still.





I suggest using an electric shaver until your skin calms down in a couple of yeas or so. I'm old- fashioned and I learnt from my own father, so I wet-shave but a lot of men go through their entire lives using a electric shaver and getting a very close shave. It's supposed to be quicker and more convenient.
the skin on your face is very delicate. if you don't know what you're doing, and which products are superior-you are going to make a very BIG mess of yourself. i once tried waxing my own upper lip and ended up with sores on it from ripping the top layer of my skin off. go to a professional. it isn't really too much more costly than buying the products and supplies to do it yourself-then opting to never use any of it again.
Yes. The skin on your face is very sensitive and as you're a man it must be thick too.





However, see a beautician and have a conversation with them. Make sure you're SURE about doing it before the wax though!
naw man that is gonna kill


just go out and buy an electric shaver


u dont need to use shaving cream and there are no blades directly on your face so it doesnt irritate your skin


also it takes about 1 min for your whole face
Its safe if its bothering you that much then you should wax it

No comments:

Post a Comment